(15 Ideas You Haven’t Tried Yet)
Are you looking for all-new, engaging ideas for your corporate charitable team building activities? Charity activities are a popular team bonding experience at corporate events. Not only are they fun for those involved, but they’re an amazing way to give back to your community and help others out.
While the tried-and-true ones are a standby for a reason, why not improve engagement with some charitable team building activities you’ve never used? Whether it’s large activities like assembling playground equipment or small acts of kindness like a beach cleanup, your team and your community will both benefit.
Improving Bottom Line: Team Building, CSR & Philanthropy
Team building events are a great opportunity to maximize your event ROI by mixing in philanthropic and CSR elements. After all, there is evidence that companies who prioritize their CSR through mixing philanthropic elements into their events improves the bottom line. If you’re planning to incorporate charity activities into your next work event, these activities are an amazing way to promote teamwork, bonding, and communication skills.
We love incorporating charity work into corporate events. Tasks like assembly promote the three C’s of teamwork amazingly, and charitable team building activities make your corner of the world a brighter place. Your team will not only do good, but feel good about giving back, too – creating a loyal customer base that will strengthen your company inside and out.
For a fresh take on charity activities, we’ve got plenty of ideas for you. Here’s 15 all-new corporate charitable team building activities you’ve probably never thought about (but employees would love!).
All-New Corporate Charitable Team Building Activities
- Hardware Harmony: This activity involves assembling and donating flat-packed furniture to local shelters or community centers. Teams work together to follow instructions, communicate effectively, and create something tangible that will benefit others.
- Organize a Graffiti Removal Project: Partner with a local community organization to remove graffiti from public spaces, such as parks, schools, or neighborhood walls. This activity not only beautifies the community but also promotes teamwork, problem-solving, and environmental stewardship.
- Design and Build Accessible Playground Equipment: Partner with a local park or community center to design and build accessible playground equipment for children with disabilities. This activity fosters creativity, problem-solving, and teamwork while promoting inclusion and accessibility for children of all abilities.
- Beach Cleanup: Enjoy a day on the sand and help promote a healthier environment for ocean life by hosting a beach cleanup effort. Teams can compete for the most trash cleaned, and win awards for most unique finds, longest distance traveled, and largest item recovered among other fun awards.
- Do-Good Games: This activity combines physical challenges with charitable efforts. Teams compete to complete a series of tasks, such as building birdhouses or planting trees, while earning points for their charity of choice.
- Teach Vocational Skills: Share your team’s expertise by organizing vocational training workshops for underserved communities. Teach skills like computer programming, hairstyling, web design, or pet grooming, empowering others to improve their lives and pursue their passions. Teams work together to create agenda, lesson plans, and activities for their students. Pro Tip: Host this event right on site and stir interest in the next generation staff!
- School Supply Scramble: In this activity, teams race to gather and organize school supplies for donation to local schools. This not only helps children in need but also encourages teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Volunteer at a Community Garden: Lend a hand at a community garden to help grow fresh produce for local families in need. Teams can work together to till the soil, plant seeds, weed, and harvest vegetables, contributing to community food security and environmental sustainability.
- Plant Fruit Trees for a Greener Future: Collaborate with a local environmental organization to plant fruit trees in a park, community garden, or along a roadside. Foster environmental awareness and contribute to carbon sequestration by promoting a greener environment that also helps feed locals.
- Volunteer at a Recycling Center: Share your time and efforts by volunteering at a recycling center to sort, clean, and prepare recyclable materials for reuse. Promote environmental sustainability and reduce waste by diverting materials from landfills.
- Organize a Sustainability Awareness Campaign: Raise awareness about sustainability practices and the importance of environmental conservation through a company-wide campaign. Encourage your team to adopt eco-friendly habits in their daily lives, making a collective impact for the planet.
- Volunteer at a Community Art Project: Lend your artistic talents to a community art project, such as painting murals, decorating public spaces, or creating public art installations. Enhance the aesthetics of the community while fostering creativity and community spirit.
- Organize a Volunteer Fair for Non-Profits: Host a volunteer fair at your office or a local community center to connect volunteers with local non-profit organizations. Promote civic engagement and the spirit of giving back by matching volunteers with causes that align with their interests.
- Make and Donate Blankets: This activity promotes warmth and comfort while giving back to the community. Teams work together to cut, sew, and tie fleece blankets, which are then donated to hospitals, homeless shelters, or animal shelters.
- Create Care Packages for the Homeless: Assemble care packages filled with essential items like hygiene products, non-perishable food items, socks, and blankets. Donate these care packages to local homeless shelters or outreach programs to provide comfort and support to those in need.
Charity Activities & Team Building– All in One Place
Looking for personalized recommendations on how to combine philanthropy with your corporate event? When you partner with our event planning agency, our event coordinators work with you to find the activities that best suit your message, team, and goals. To get started, simply fill out the form below and we will help you find the best corporate charitable team building activities. Regardless of the activity you choose, your company and community will benefit from the charity activities, team building, and experiences in an unforgettable way!
Share this post