Southern California Venues at Their Finest
Anyone who has ever been to Hermosa Beach will tell you it is a beautiful beachfront location, perfect for all types of outdoor activities. Located in the South Bay region of the greater Los Angeles area, Hermosa Beach is bordered by the other two other beaches: Manhattan Beach to the north and Redondo Beach to the south. Hermosa Beach is popular for sunbathing, beach volleyball, surfing, paddle boarding and nightlife. Situated directly on the Pacific Ocean, Hermosa’s average temperature is 70 degrees in the summer and 55 degrees in the winter.
Locations of Significance
- The Comedy and Magic Club: Where comedian Jay Leno has been performing since 1978.
- The Lighthouse Café: a popular and seminal West Coast jazz venue.
- International Surf Festival: Surfing, Paddle boarding & Pier to Pier swim events in the beginning of Aug.
- Fiesta Hermosa: Arts & crafts festival which has taken place for the last 35 years every Memorial Day & Labor Day weekend.
The City of Hermosa Beach has over 20 parks throughout the City, all offering ample green space for picnics.
Planning your event in Hermosa Beach is made easier when you know what kind of locations and venues are available to you.
Hermosa Beach Parks
- South Park. Located on Valley Drive & 4th Street, this outdoor location includes a roller hockey rink and a large open field for soccer, football and employee challenges.
- Valley Park. On 2521 Valley Drive you will find the spacious Valley Park. Encompassing 5.33 acres, Valley Park is the largest and most widely used park in Hermosa Beach. The park is located off Valley Drive and Gould Avenue. The park features a play set ideal for kids of all ages. Numerous picnic tables and barbecue grills are available for all to use. Also within the park is an amphitheater area, where a bounce house is permitted with a reservation, and annual special events such as Movie in the Park and Shakespeare by the Sea take place. Other highlights include a fire pit, basketball court and plenty of field space for all types of recreational activities. Restroom facilities are available and free six hour parking is available on Gould Avenue.
No matter what your event, from company picnics to summer fun day to a simple beach BBQ, our event planner and catering team can make you the office hero!
Call our event planners in Hermosa Beach today at 800. 366.0603.