Planning Events in Azusa
Nicknamed “The Canyon City” Azusa rests in The San Gabriel Valley nestled at the foot of the impressive San Gabriel Mountains. Founded as a city in 1887 and incorporated in 1898, Azusa is within in the County of Los Angeles although it remains 27 miles northeast of LA. Azusa offers plenty of excellent parks which are great for outdoor events. Planning your event in Azusa is easy when you know what to look for!
Selecting a Venue in Azusa
When you look for a venue, one thing you need to consider is the type of event you are planning. An outdoor event such as a community fair, festival or company picnic has specific needs regarding amenities that your venue (or budget) will need to cover. Permits, room, and power are vital for inflatables (a favorite for Southern California events). Limited seating options at local parks will require room in the budget for party rentals such as umbrella tables and chairs.
Some great outdoor locations include:
- Olive Hill Park. Located at 1238 McNeil Drive, Olive Hill Park is of one Azusa’s newest outdoor facilities. With plenty of picnic tables and BBQs, it offers plenty of room for your next company picnic.
- Gladstone Park. Located at the corner of Pasadena Ave. and Russell Street. The park offers lighted baseball and softball fields, picnic facilities with BBQs, playground equipment for the kids, and volleyball courts. The spacious athletic fields are great for team building exercises and employee challenges.
- Slauson Park. This beautiful outdoor park offers an aquatics center, large group picnic areas with BBQs, lighted outdoor basketball courts and The Dolphin Cove Kids Splash Zone for those family-friendly work events.
While outdoor venues offer a blank slate for event designers to produce a customized event, indoor locations may present unique challenges (and benefits). For a company Christmas party, conference or other indoor events, party and events are designed around existing immediacies such as power outlet locations, stage(s), breakout rooms, walls, and decor. While some event planning challenges can be tackled with relative ease (i.e., power solutions like cord management and generators), others are harder to overcome (such as a narrow hallway or reception room). Still, a little creativity and a lot of experience can go a long way to finding unparalleled solutions.
If you’re planning your company holiday party and looking for other options, the city has plenty of choices…
- The Felix Event Center. This elegantly designed modern arena provides plenty of room for banquets, lectures, conferences and company holiday parties. The center features state-of-the-art lighting and sound systems and through the use of retractable seating, the center can be converted to stage a variety of events.
- Hurst Ranch. Stunning outdoor setting for parties and special events. Bringing back the pioneer past of shady groves and country roads, the facility is an inviting place with a capacity to seat more than 400 guests. With its rural ambiance of the courtyard and surrounding gardens, this is an ideal location for your next event.
Our event production team takes the time to get to know you, your event and your company to help you select the perfect venue. Experienced event designers then use state-of-the-art space mapping to bring your ideas to life. Planners and organizers take it from there to secure your venue, screen and hire vendors, performers, and even help mange your invites, RSVPs, and even cater.
On-Site Catering in Azusa
Whether we’re planning a company picnic in the park or a corporate holiday party, one thing is certain: your food will always be freshly prepared. Our event planners will work with you to create a special menu filled with your favorites, delicious homemade desserts and a full bar and beverage service. Maybe it’s a BBQ in the park. Maybe it’s a plated sit down meal. Whatever menu you choose, it will be planned to perfection and served by the best. And because you work with one event production company through the entire process, it’s easy to add details like custom branding (shown below) for business functions and marketing events.
If you’re looking for excellent venues, the finest catering and the best event design, call our event planners in Azusa at 800.366.0603.