Are you considering hosting an event in Athens? This small neighborhood, located in South LA near the 110 South Freeway, is conveniently located close to Downtown LA and surrounding areas. Also referred to as West Athens, the neighborhood is a census-designated area and is not officially incorporated as its city. The area is primarily residential, but there are certain parks and businesses lining its outside corridors.
If you happen to find yourself in the Athens area, you might be wondering, what’s there to do? Can I successfully plan a corporate event or company picnic here? We’re here to help with this handy guide of things to do, places to see and venues to experience. Read on for more information.
Resources In & Near Athens
- The Little Bear Park is a fantastic play place for children. New playground facilities, a mini soccer field, picnic areas, and a miniature putting green are perfect for the kids. This spot is located in Bell, just a few minutes’ drives outside of Athens.
- The Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area is a huge collection of recreational facilities perfect for all ages. There are several walking trails, numerous picnic areas, wildlife, and much more. Many residents utilize this area for early morning or late-night workouts.
- The Augustus F. Hawkins Natural Park, a South LA gem, brings peace and tranquility to the area. Offering an entirely free nature museum, along with picnic tables, BBQ facilities, and a man-made pond, this spot is an excellent place to relax, unwind and recharge (or plan a picnic!)
- Roosevelt Park is another South LA gem and an excellent option for outdoor activities. This facility includes picnic tables, BBQ grills, a pool, skatepark, running trails, and more.
- Loaded Kitchen Cafe offers beefed-up breakfast classics like apple cinnamon French toast, strawberry crepes, veggie omelets, and more.
Planning ahead is always a good idea, as any experienced event planner will tell you! Choosing your location, finding the right venue and making sure your menu is exactly how you want it takes time and preparation. Luckily, our event planners understand the ins and outs of Athens and surrounding areas and come with years of experience to create something truly special for you and your guests. Let us be the ones to help you figure it out!